The Lightest Wood in the World? 1.1.04
LI: Use the text to find clues.
1. At Grandma’s house the whau tree needed pruning.
Polishing pruning prodding pedalling
2. Hundreds of brown seeds rained from the prickly seed seed heads.
Seeds seal head hill herd half
3. They save the seeds because the possum have been eating the seedlings.
Possum posh parrot cows
4. The dead wood was very easy to saw and they decide to make a raft.
Raft break saw boat seed
5. They used a leaf for the sail. They put lemons on the rafts to see
how many they would carry before they sank.
Lawn sink leaf sank seal
6. Mikarere thought that their raft would win because it is more strong.
Stable strong lighter colourful
7. Maori used to use the whau wood to make rafts and floats for fishing nets.
Whau whanau whitu fishing frog
Blogger: Choose two sentences above and take a photo from the story or google to post on your blog.