Give it a try - 2.2.00
WALT: Comprehension - using the text to find information.
1. Why do you think people want to be a part of a triathlon? because
it is challenging and it makes you fit.
2. Why do you think the author chose this title?
because It shows that you should give it a try.
3. How do you think ‘tryathlon’ got it’s name when it is usually spelt ‘triathlon’?
the tryathlon got its name from from a triangle because a triangle has three sides
and the triathlon has three sports.
4. What three sports are involved in a triathlon?
the tryathlon has swimming running and biking.
5. How many kilometres will the girls travel combined?
the girls will combined 10k and 200 meters.
6. Think about how the event is organised… How does each member know when to begin their
part of the race? by taping the person.
7. How do you think the girls are feeling at the end of the events?
tired because the combined 10k and 200 meters.
8. What is the difference between a ‘triathlon’ and a ‘triathlon’?
tryathlon is mostly for kids and it is spelled tryathlon but the author is